Sunday, December 11, 2011

Higher Learning - Review/Movie Trailor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4KVCVX1MrQ

Above I've attached a link to a movie called Higher Learning. It set on Columbus University and it shows how people from different backgrounds deal with each other, get along, or in most cases don't get a long. The first time I saw this movie I didn't really like it because I felt there was so much racism, it was depressing! After i watched it a couple times it got better but there are still some very strong views in this movie. I think a little bit of this movie can be related to McIntosh's "White Privilege" and also to Fanon's "Black Skin White Mask." This movie deals a lot about racism, but also sexism and and sexual orientation. It shows how people who grew up in different areas and environments cope with the "University life" which can some times be difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment